The Law Office of

Robert D. Anderson, PLLC

Former Chief Prosecutor Of Loudoun County

Speak with one of our attorneys today.

Your Attorneys. Your Defense Team.
Your Representatives.

Virginia Doles Out Serious Penalties For Underage Drinking

Regardless of the countless warnings they receive from parents and teachers, adolescence is a time when many kids experiment with drugs and alcohol. When under the influence of alcohol, teens are especially susceptible to peer pressure and prone to make poor choices. If your son or daughter is charged with underage possession of alcohol, it is important to consult with an attorney who is experienced in representing juveniles in criminal matters.

The attorneys at the Law Office of Robert D. Anderson, PLLC, will help you and your child understand the possible penalties associated these charges and weigh your options. While some parents may believe that a child needs to learn a hard lesson, the consequences of an underage drinking conviction can be significant and unexpected.

The High Costs Of Underage Drinking Charges

Teens and young adults who are under the age of 21 and who are charged with underage drinking face the following penalties:

  • Costly fine up to $2,500
  • Up to 12 months in jail
  • Suspension of driver’s license for six to 12 months
  • Mandatory substance abuse education and counseling
  • Mandatory community service

In addition to the known criminal penalties, a college-bound teen may lose a scholarship or be unable to qualify for a student loan. Do not let one bad decision interfere with your child’s ability to pursue a higher education and alter the course of his or her life.

Protect Your Child’s Future

If your child has any minor offenses or was involved in a traffic accident or altercation in which another individual was injured or killed, your son or daughter could face serious criminal charges and penalties, including incarceration.

Call a defense lawyer at our Leesburg, Virginia, firm today to discuss your specific situation and to learn more about your options. Call 703-297-4455, or contact us online.